If you have questions about volunteering please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Orientations for Make.Shift/KZAX 94.9 are held twice a month. The first Saturday of the month at 4pm and the last Tuesday of the month at 6pm. You can find specific dates and RSVP on our Facebook.
Regular Volunteer Opportunities:
Weekly Make.Shift needs:
Gallery Attendants: Weekly shifts during the gallery's open hours, involves opening/closing the space, greeting people, selling art, upkeep of the space, etc...
Door Volunteers: We host a lot of live music! We always need help stamping hands, taking cash, and greeting people at the door.
Sound Crew: Live music means we need sound engineers! Any experience level is welcome and will be trained.
This position is an unpaid internship, aiming for 15-16 hours a week, beginning July 1st and lasting until September 14th with the possibility of an extension.
Please email your resume & a brief cover letter to email@example.com
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our team and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies. As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our Outreach Coordinator in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Perform market analysis and research on other venues & non profits
- Support the Outreach Coordinator & Executive Director in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web
- Help organize marketing events
- Tabling at networking events on school campuses and other community events
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Passionate about all ages art & music!
KZAX Music Director:
This position is an unpaid internship, aiming for 10-15 hours a week, beginning July 15th and lasting until September 14th with the possibility of an extension.
Please email your resume & a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 6th at 5pm
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic music director to join the KZAX team in achieving our mission and stepping into the music industry. As music director, you would work with KZAX and Make.Shift staff members to develop the music broadcasting of the radio station. Your knowledge of the regional music community will create key relationships, and define the personality of KZAX!
- Review music for rotation in KZAX daily automation playlists
- Curate daily playlists for KZAX automation
- Properly tag tracks as they enter daily automation playlists and KZAX library
- Maintain understanding of local and regional music scene
- Gather music, resources, and connections to maintain relationships within the local and regional music scene
- Provide broadcasting resources and music to KZAX programmers
- Represent KZAX at music and tabling events
- Assist with KZAX Live Sessions
- Communicate with the Station Manager and Program Director to develop strategies for creatively achieving our mission